Monday 23 April 2012

That love hate relationship

You wanted me gone so I left.
I left you to shudder.
Sure you could find substitutes for me.
But how many does it take
To replace all that I do for you?
When I was around you complained;
I was too much for you,
Came on too strong for you.
You did all that you could
To keep distance between us.
You claimed to love me yet
You can't wait to be out of my reach.
Well I left you.
You said then how you missed me.
Your days were cold without me.
You wish I hadn't left?
You just can't decide.
Is it me you want?
Or is it what I do for you.
What I do can be replaced.
But would you survive without me?
Maybe next time I'll go for a month.
Maybe I'll leave you for a year.
When your depression is complete,
When you pray to see me each day
Maybe I'll return to you.
Maybe then you'll love me
Not just what I do for you.
But you know, don't you.
I can't ever abandon you
Not for eternity.
Never an entire year.
I'll always return to you.
I know you need me.
I know I can be overbearing sometimes.
But I can't help who I am.
And you can't change your need.


No comments:

Post a Comment