Friday, 8 June 2012

Awake

That damn rooster can't shut up?
I roll over to look at the clock
Only 2 a.m. and he's doing his thing
I climb out of bed to find something to fling

No luck this time so I cover my ears
I must sleep, being late is one of my greatest fears
Tossing and turning I get no relief
How the hell will I ever get back to sleep?

One hour passes and turns into two
I could think of only one thing to do
I hop out of bed and through the door I go
Now this is a trick that only a few know

Once in the throne room I take a seat
Closing my eyes I focus on my heart beat
Within second it's done and my bladder is free
I return to the covers that snuggle around me

I close my eyes and images become life
I float blissfully along but my alarm is like a knife
I'm severed from my dreams before they quite begin
I swear going to work this early must be a sin

1 comment:

  1. I'm *

    I close my eyes in salacious fantasies
    The whores that I dance with sharing no disease
    Pulsating in the sheets I cannot keep it in
    Watering the flowers with the salty tears of sin

    ReplyDelete